Monday, December 07, 2009

Things Never Done Before

I am quite proud of myself. I have done 2 things today that I have never done before. They were pretty simple, but still, it's fun to push yourself. I have decided that I should start making dinner more for my family. Isn't that like the first step into becoming a better wife and mom?? So I got on my friends food blog and was reading and one of her posts made me want to make this soup. So, there I go first thing never done I do, make homemade soup. It turned out REALLY good and REALLY spicy. The next thing that I had never done was cook using my computer as my cookbook. Seeing as I just got a new computer I was a little nervous but all fared well and it's nice to not feel like I am going to mess up this book with my wet fingers, etc. So there you have it. My 2 new things. I told you they weren't exotic. But I did it.

5 comments:

Cary Dale Taylor said...

I was nervous the first time I used my computer for a cookbook. Yay for new things.

DeDe said...

Awesome. I love cooking soup! Did you do Jennifer's Thai soup on her blog? It looked yummy. I need to learn from that little chef!

Unknown said...

So it turned out spicy? I don't do spicy and I even had to increase the red curry paste, which is spicy.
Hope ya'll like it as much as we did!

Stephanie said...

i did the potato cheese soup, it had way too much heat for us. i think jen, you refer to it as jen's cheddar soup. it was good just need to turn down the heat next time.

Ashleigh said...

Way to go!! Another good blog for some recipes: www.whatsfordin-din.blogspot.com that you may want to check out. Some blog friends created it. And that's something that I need to get better about- cooking at home. It's tough though when you are single....you eat leftovers for a while. :)