Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Story- Have Mercy

First off, so sorry for the delay. With the end of school approaching and the husband being on tour I have been a bit overwhelmed and most of the times just crash and veg at night. I really want to finish my story so I guess I need to post more than once a month!!!

We left off at this dude walking into Mac's house. There were a group of us watching a movie after a long day at the "day camp" that we all worked at as counselors. I guess I should have remembered how much those kiddos wore me out BEFORE I decided to become a mama!!!

Anyway, this dude strolls into Mac's house and is pretty startled that we are all there. In this VERY southern voice he says, "dude, sorry didn't know you were having a party I just came by to get some tapes.". Mac then proceeds to tell him that we are from his work and we just last minute decided to hang out. He then introduces us all to Mark, guitar player in his band. As we all say hello, the first thing I say to Mark is, "you need a haircut!" (oh, did I forget when he walked in he had a ballcap- one of the ONLY times I have seen Mark in a cap, a t-shirt with a big black cartoon cat on the front that said HAPPYCAT underneath, and hair that came halfway down his back. UGH!!!) As a side note if you are VERY close to us you will understand now about the happycat and understand that I am NOT a crazy cat lady.

Cool under pressure (as with EVERYTHING in his life) Mark replies, "yeah, well I'm on my way to get one now." Thank the Lord!!! It really was NOT attractive, but what I did find appealing was that he didn't me mind totally dissing him the first time I met/spoke to him.

Mark proceeds to get some tapes from Mac. I was under the impression that is was tapes that Mark wanted to borrow but NOPE he was picking up some of their first release as Third Day, "Long Time Forgotten". I still don't know why Mark was getting those that day, maybe now that it's 20 years later I should ask and figure that out.

After our 5 minute visit with Mark we all settled back in and finished our movie. Little did I know that hot summer day that this first encounter with the long haired dude in Mac's house would lead to 4 years of dating, 14 years of marriage, 2 beautiful princesses and countless memories both good and bad.

I find it ironic that the Lord used Mark's laid backness and my ability (or disability) for pointing out the obvious to start our relationship. I guess it has taught me that you really never know who you are meeting or what kind of impact they will have on your life. But, if we are ourselves and real then we are honestly going to get unconditional love from those that are meant to be in our lives. Perfect and imperfect, the Lord loves us regardless and allows us to have those "real" relationships in our own lives. We are all blemished, broken, needy people. Thankfully, we are granted those few earthly folks that know and realize this and love us regardless. I know that I am so NOT worthy of this wonderful man that I am married to and he is the calm in my storm. I CANNOT imagine my life without him and need his level head and laid back attitude EVERY day of my life. It hasn't always been flowers and roses, I mean wait till I tell you about our first date!!!!

until then.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you ever coming back? You have left us all hanging for the past 9 mths! Have Mercy!!!! :-)