Friday, July 15, 2005

Cell Phone Companies

OK, so it seems that everyone I know is upset with their cell provider. Today I talked to 2 friends that had just recently gone to "upgrade" their phones and their respective companies told them that they weren't elibigle for a cheaper phone, even though they had been with the company for over 5 years. Not loyal enough I guess. Just as this was going in in their state it seems my husband and I were attempting to do the same thing with the same result. Needless to say, I was outraged. If I were a new customer they would roll the red carpet to have me sign there beloved contract! Yet, b/c I have been a customer for SO long they won't help me out. Has this ever happened to you? Well needless to say this company that we all were with no longer has our cell service. Instead, we each have registered at new companies, have better rates, fancy new "upgraded" phones, better promises (yeah right) and a better feeling about our cell phones. Do you think the love will last- I DON'T. But for the now, I am happy to learn about my nifty new all in oneTREO 650 !! Happy talking.......until the next "upgrade"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had to run into this upgrade cellphone fiasco yet. Although I purposefully chose the cheapest phone available when I first signed up... ;) I need to get mine transferred into my name though, should soon... I'll stop rambling now.

Paula said...

I was having problems with my Kyocera se56, and my phone company advised me to upgrade, as it would be too costly to repair the phone...so I did, and I hate my new phone. (LG-HD6000 or V6000).

The grass is not always greener...

But I like the look of your phone, Stephanie!

Anonymous said...

Really great blog very informative re sky digital. In a simliar vain to sky digital, I would definitely recommend http://www.bargainplace.co.uk for **mobile phones** or **cheap broadband**. Also you can get **cheap gas & electricity**, **gifts for your loved one** and **loan deals, free phone calls with talktalk, free broadband with Sky and bargain electrical equipment**