Thursday, October 02, 2008

Band Geeks!!

Ok, I need to disclaim this post and say I really love my husband and am very proud of him. He is very successful at what he does.

Now let's just say if we had met in high school we probably would NOT have ended up together. Let's set the story. Here we are 15 years ago, I am a young, immature high schooler. I made fun of the band geeks. Not right, I know. It probably stems from some sort of jealousy that I have NO MUSICAL TALENT WHATSOEVER!!!

Now, I still sometimes have this mindset. You see, when Mark and Mac get together there always seems to be some sort of talk about their band days. I generally cringe and then laugh at the fact that I am married to a "band geek". I even have proof of this type of action.

We were at a 4th of July parade this year and Mac and his family were there too (on the other side of the street). The "boys" were having a text conversation since they were not right by each other to make their comments. I guess some sort of band marches by and this is what appears on the screen- SERIOUSLY!!!



Now you see why I am the way I am!!! Don't hate me please.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! H

Leigh said...

Sadly, I know what they were talking about! I can't believe you were friends with me since I was a band geek! :)

Valarie said...

That is awesome! I kind of feel the same way when my husband starts watching "Pinks" and talks about car engines.

Anonymous said...

I was a Band Geek for 4 and a half years, and I know about marching bands. I'm amazed they marched in t-shirts and shorts! And a marching band does need to ahve their hrons up! Bad, bad marching band! Lol, I understand them. They really just wish they were out there, too.

Anonymous said...

brilliant post.

Cherilyn

Ashleigh said...

Yes, true band geeks!

Hope you are having fun!!

Anonymous said...

What??? T-shirts and Shorts???? What's the world coming to??? Where are the hot, stiff, polyester band uniforms with the hard hats that never fit right and were top heavy because of the large tuft of feathers in the front??? I'm with Mark and Mac...some slackin' going on in the marching band world there. And it's ok - we band geeks (once a band geek, always a band geek) are very forgiving to the less fortunate souls we love!

Kelly said...

Would you judge me if I said I made similar comments at our parade last week? Hehehe. Hi I'm Kelly and I'm a band geek! :) And yes, I'm darn proud of it too :p

BTW I have to agree...in "my day" we marched in our uniforms too! Now they do the tshirt and jeans thing...not cool! They also line up for the parade 2 hours later than we did! We sat there and fried in our uniforms before we even started marching! Ugh!

Wow, look what you started hehe. Next time I meet Mac and Mark, we'll have to talk band! :p

TRACE.FACE PHOTOS said...

that is quite funny... hilarious actually. any pix of mark in his band uniform? im sure that would be worth posting ;)

Cristy said...

Yeah, I think I gotta go with guys on this one. I spent many parades sweating my tushy off because of those uniforms - long sleeved shirts!- and that horrible hat! I cannot BELIEVE they actually let the kids march in shorts and t-shirts now... *sigh*