Monday, June 23, 2008

UPDATE PLEASE!!!

Sorry folks, I have been enjoying my summer a little too much it seems. Or do I just love the hubby so much that I feel he needs to be celebrated for an entire month??? I plan on updating all of you various readers on the ins and outs of this summer filled life but I recently have been called out therefore the MUST on the update.

You see, the other day I was on a HOT date Saturday night. The husband and I went to see a movie (very rare) and then finished the evening with a trip to Target. Don't all dates end there??? As I am standing in the day planner refill aisle trying to remember what type of holes the planner I had just found at my house (that was last used in 2003 mind you) had, b/c I am oh so very organized!!! I am startled out of my little mind when I hear

"Oh my gosh are you Stephanie??"

um.... yes??? I hope that is the right answer.

Mind you we are stopped at times for folks to talk to Mark or we often hear "Hey man, Third Day!". Ok that's fine, it comes with the territory right? Well me, little ole' me. NEVER. So I jumped. Seriously I felt like Michael Jordan or something. Ok, not really but how high does one think an 8 month pregnant woman can jump!! I turn and this lovely lady comes down the aisle with her appointed Target buggy and cutest daughter.

"Hey, are you Stephanie, I'm Soliloquy"

Praise the Lord, not the stalker person in my mind, but a blogger friend- who just happens to live like 1/2 a mile from me.
Seeing as I was in no way needing to slowly back out of the aisle and run screaming that a lady with really cool glasses was after me, we proceed to talk and chat it up- cause that's what a good Southern girl has learned to do.

My new friend and I talked for a few and then we went our separate shopping ways. Well my pal warned me that she would blog about this. You can read her quite hysterical version of the meeting over at her blog. Therefore, I have been made to update my blog. Not a bad thing just... ya know doesn't that mean summer is over or something.

I might know the answer to this had I gotten those calendar refills I was looking for but you see, I still have NO idea what kind I need, might should get on that- seeing as I am so organized like that!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew.

I'm just so relieved that you don't think I'm a freak - or a stalker!

I loved your take on Mark always being the one who is recognized. You are SOMEBODY, girl!

Lindy Simpson Jones said...

finally..haha

Anonymous said...

That is funny. Welcome to the blogging world. H

mah-meeee said...

came over from soliloquy's and this is such a great story!

Emily........ said...

Fear not, you won't be bumping into me in the near future.....not unless you are doing a spot of shopping in England ;)!!!!

Valarie said...

How do you know Lindy? We went to H.S. together. I think it's funny when 2 people I know intersect...old friend from RSBC and another from H.S.

Love your update! That's funny.

Blessings ~ Val

Anonymous said...

I think we should all go to the Third Day site and tell them we came from YOUR blog. Hahahaha! Who's sort of famous now? LOL.