Thursday, May 29, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK LEE!!


Today is the husbands birthday. I will not disclose his age for his sake!!! :). Let's just say he doesn't look his age my any stretch. How do you put into words how you feel about someone you love so much??? Well, Mark is my best friend first and foremost. He ALWAYS has made me laugh. Either at something he does (falling up stairs- DAILY), or some weird comment he says. Yes, many a time there is the internally eye roll at the silly comments, etc- but I always end up laughing. The thing about this is I LOVE TO LAUGH. How perfect are we. Also, he is the kindest, most giving, selfless person I know. He will do anything for anyone at anytime. Mainly me when I want a drink or let's say food from 2 different places- but that would NEVER really happen would it?? It is hard sometimes b/c he is gone so much. I miss him terribly but I know it will be so warm and cozy when he gets home.

Did I mention he is the BEST DADDY in the WORLD!!! We waited a long time to have children so we could enjoy our "free" life, and due to a situation involving his newborn cousin (I'll let him tell that funny story) he was always a little "shy" around babies. Once we had our little munchkin though, all things changed. To say she he is wrapped around her finger is an understatement. He plays, dresses up, reads, colors (unwillingly) and does everything but paint with her. Mark has a strange aversion to craft projects :). All this to say he is wonderful and I am probably the luckiest person around. I have an AWESOME husband and he deserves more praise than I can bestow. He loves the Lord and he loves us- we are blessed.

Sadly, Mark has to work today on his birthday. This is hard on me, not him. Birthday's in my family are like Christmas- you don't miss them. See, in my family we have like birthday week. You go to dinner with ALL of the family and then on the actual day you do whatever it is you want- no questions. Poor guy, he has had to deal with the psychotic me freaking out that he will be gone on his birthday. Big deal, he says, we will celebrate when I get home. Yeah, right. You see, that selfless thing I mentioned. His birthday is literally 2 days before our Anniversary. Well, an Anniversary isn't a major holiday in my book as a Birthday is- go figure, but still a big deal, so normally his birthday is clouded over by our "big day". He just accepts is and moves on. For this reason, I really try and do something special for his day. We have had a bowling party, a pizza party, an Irish pub party, but this year he will have a hang out with his best friends and chill day- probably what he would prefer anyway.

In closing I will say, Mark Lee, I love you and hope that today is filled with every Birthday wish you could ever want. We are sad we don't get to be with you on "the day" but we will celebrate- I promise (um...maybe)!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY

6 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Such a sweet tribute to Mark! In agreement that he is a selfless guy and y'all are blessed to have each other! The pics that you included of he and Abbie are too cute! And when I found out that they were in Chicago, I thought about him working on his birthday....it's the same way in my family as in yours. Birthdays=big celebrations! And my mom always wants to see me on my birthday, even though that doesn't always happen. In fact, when I was in school, she would either let me skip on my bday or she would come and take me out for lunch. It was a fun little tradition. :O)
Anyhoo, GREAT, sweet tribute to your awesome husband!

marg said...

Your are most definitely blessed! My family always does a family dinner for birthdays too, birthdays are a big deal!

Rose said...

Awesome entry Stephanie!

Jennifer said...

Hey girlfriend! We wish we were there to help celebrate the b-day! The bowling party was the best in my book! :) Hope to see you guys soon!

Hollie said...

Hey girl! You back in the ATL?

Emily........ said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwe. Stephanie that was beautiful. You got one one of the good ones :D