Thursday, May 08, 2008

Favorite Concerts

I was over at the man's blog reading and thought- what a fun idea. So here I go. I am stealing his idea and posting about my favorite concerts. I will have 2 posts as not to offend the afore mentioned husband. You see he does concerts for a living and what if he didn't end up in the favorite shows list? That would not be good for marital accord now would it. So here is my list of favorite THIRD DAY shows. Tomorrow will follow with favorite OTHER concerts.

Third Day-
1) although not "technically" a show they did a Rich Mullins tribute at GMA in Nashville back in the day (mark can fill in the years i'm too old to remember). The bus album was out or had just come out and very few folks had heard the likes of these Southern boys. They performed, Mac had the crowd on their feet (unheard of at GMA) and they sealed their deal to all who watched. It was uberfantastic. I still swell with pride when I think of this one.

2) this past year @ GMA they performed for the masses at a luncheon for the first time in front of the industry as a 4 piece. Folks seemed to have had their minds made up before they started. Sitting with arms crossed looking like someone had opened a can of rotten eggs. They did about 3-4 songs off the new album and you could just see the "WOW" in the room. They rocked the industry yet again. They again sealed the deal that they were still alive and VERY kickin.

3) very little production, very little in the way of sound quality but all about the rock these boys would friday, after friday, after friday perform to 300 or so folks at the Strand Theater on the Square in Marietta. Mark and I had been dating "not that long" maybe 2 years and they were the "house" band for the Strand. At the time I didn't think much about it, but to have lived through all of the growing, changing, big shows, amazing events I can look back at these and realize that these guys are the same today as they were about 15 years ago. Hungry, passionate, driven but most of all humble in the Lord. In case you don't know and I really don't say it enough I am VERY PROUD of my THIRD DAY FAMILY.

1 comment:

Emily........ said...

I am smiling all over my face!!
It's so lovely to hear your side of things Stephanie. Thanks for sharing.
Third Day are da bomb!! See....I'm picking up the American lingo ;)!!