Sunday, May 04, 2008

A Day in Marietta, GA

Today was May-Retta (an arts and crafts festival) days on the Square in Marietta, GA. This is the town in which we live. You may think that the name is b/c it is a festival in May, but....is is really the PROPER Southern way of pronouncing our city. Mayretta!!! Anyway it was a ton of fun and we got alot of cute things. Some frames, flip flops and frozen sweet tea. What could be better. The weather was beautiful and the little munchkin had FUN!!

We did face painting. Abbie got her FAVORITE- Scooby Doo (or so she says!!!)

Here's Scooby Up Close and Personal

There was a fun Jumpy House

This is the first firetruck the City of Marietta ever purchased. Look at that cute firefighter!


We also got to paint some "pottery"- GOOD TIMES


We had so much fun and can't wait until the next year!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know someone who refers to Alpharetta as "Alpha-get-down-retta", so I can completely appreciate Mayretta!

Anonymous said...

Dang! Was that YESTERDAY???

I live in Marietta - for all intents and purposes.... it's technically Kennesaw - but we're Marietta City everything... schools, utilities, TAXES..

And what a gorgeous day yesterday for May-retta Days.

And I SO COULD HAVE USED A DISTRACTION yesterday with my parents visiting, because really?

You can only climb Kennesaw mountain twice in one week.

Hi neighbor.

Emily........ said...

Cute, cute, cute - can we have some of that fun over here??
If you fancy seeing what a typical English family get up to Stephanie, check out my blog :)
Our son Joel has just been planting seeds for BLACK carrots!!

Ashleigh said...

How fun! Good ole Mayretta! Abbie looks too cute in the fire truck. :O) Glad you had a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

You made me have a complex for a second. I thought I jacked you and have not had you on my link list. But you are there!
Ok give me some dates for a grown up night?H