Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Keeping Baby Safe

As a new mother I have realized the importance of keeping your child safe and guarded from all harm. You find yourself wondering if someone is out to get them, are all the doors locked, did they wander off to the other aisle and someone got them, etc, etc. I have also found that this is very normal for new parents. I assumed it would subside as the months went by. Well, it has a little, but just recently I heard something that makes me wonder again!!!! Late Night Talk Show host David Letterman has recently been in the news because someone who worked on his home decided they would kidnap his 16 month old child (same age as my daughter) and the child's nanny. This made me reflect and wonder. Here is a wealthy celebrity with all the money and protection he could afford and yet even still his little one insn't safe. We really need to be careful and make sure we protect these babies. I guess the only way to feel totally sure is to daily pray for that hedge of protection around our little ones. Keep them close and be careful who we allow into their little lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having children who are older, I have found that you sleep with one eye open until they are about 7. I don't know why that number, unless that is the point where I became so exhausted I finally just slept all night. Keeping our children safe is a constant concern for Mother's and I believe it becomes a larger issue when they are older. When they are babies we are with them constantly but when they get older it is harder. We not only have to be more perceptive, we have to try to teach them to be aware of their surroundings and who is with them at all times. As with all issues involved with being a parent, it is hard.- Do we make them paranoid? What is the fine line? We used to think they were safe in their own homes but unfortunately that is not the case anymore. Great blog!

Ryan said...

How about a concrete wall of protection? A pair of clippers can't get through that. ;-) Keep writing you have a really good blog.