Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Stomach Flu

Ok, so this topic is not the most sanitary or ideal. Ye with weak stomachs please be wary. This is the season of stomach flu's for my family. Sadly, I got this lovely "virus" about a week ago. It has been running rampant through our church and is highly contagious. That said, I was wiped out for a whole day. My husband was having a party he had to prepare for and he had to care for a sick mama and baby girl toddler. Welcome to motherhood, right? I was very impressed with his coping with all of this. Although, between trips to the bathroom I think I remember our "nanny" coming over for a few hours. This must be why he was so patient through all of this.
With having a little one, we thought it best if I avoid her for 24 hours as not to get her sick. This seemed to work out just fine. Mama recovered and there was little sickness in the family. UNTIL..... We had decided to take a little vacation to Disney. The day after we arrived, my baby girl got sick. She had it, then the next day daddy got it. Later that day guess who else got it..... MAMA. Twice in less than a week. I was the lucky winner. The second time was really bad. It came about on Sunday and now on Thursday it has still been creeping up on me. Although, I must say it has been a really great "weight loss" plan. 7 pounds to date. I guess when you can't eat, you lose weight.
I thank you for reading my sob story, but there is a point to this madness and it is to say. If you or someone you love comes down with the "stomach flu", be sure to check out this link it really will help you out. Take care and stay well.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Hope you're feeling better!