Friday, March 28, 2008

Preschool Birthday Parties

Sorry it has been so long in posting. We have been very, very busy. I will catch you up in due time. What I do want to post about is Preschool Birthday parties. These little shindigs crack me up.

First was a fun party for Abbie's little friend Perrin. Now Perrin is the cutest, sweetest, most adorable little girl I have ever met. She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES my husband. She wants to learn to play the guitar because of him. How cute. Although, one day Mark was at Abbie's school and Perrin said "hey, I know you". Mark replies, "oh, have you seen me play with Third Day". Perrin says, "NO, you were the pirate at Abbie's party", (and we use the term "pirate" loosely) can you say HUMBLING!!! Maybe another reason I love her.


I do digress, OK so we are at Monkey Joes- a jumpy house place. There are 9 million kids running around jumping, screaming, playing- WOW. So I am standing there talking to a friend and her daughter comes up with puke all over her. She is crying that someone in the jumpy house threw up on her!!! Seriously- that is GROSS!! So we get her cleaned up and luckily I had another set of clothes in the car that she could borrow. Then we go have pizza and cake. Can we say chaos. As kids are climbing on and under the table I try and figure out how we are going to feed them. It worked! Pizza was consumed, cake eaten, juice boxes enjoyed and kids back playing. All in all a success.

Onward to tomorrow, another party for a friend in ballet. We are having a cooking party. Excuse me, did someone just say 4 and 5 year olds cooking? Do I have to go? Can I get ill and leave? This sounds like work not fun for me. I thought the purpose of a preschool party was to take child to establishment for said period of time, have extended period of active time while moms catch up on latest happenings, feed sugar then release to parentals. I didn't sign up for work. Maybe there will be other adult supervisors. Better yet, maybe I can feign sickness and one of the grandparents can take her! It will be fun. Please pray for me, especially if we have to eat what they cook!!!

3 comments:

Alyssa Culin said...

The puke thing through me over the edge. I don't know if I could have done that. It's gross enough if it's your own kids puke but someone eles nope. H

Anonymous said...

OOPS that was me. Heather

Emily........ said...

Stephanie you do make me laugh!!
The whole party thing is not my fave part of being a mother. All that standing around talking to people you don't know. OR, being dragged onto the play equipment and then entertaining not just my own child but everyone elses too - grrrrrrrrrr!!
I don't know about you, but every year we go completely over the top with the party plans. We say 'this year we will tone it down a bit' HA!!
We usually end up dressed as something mad. My hubby dressed as a horse for Joel's farm party springs to mind!!
I hope you managed to survive the cooking party and were able to eat some of the results without finding any, errrrrrrrrm, 'extras'!!