Saturday, March 29, 2008

Proud Wife


I just have to give an ode to my awesome husband. He has had some heavy stuff going on the last few weeks and he has prevailed like a true champ. Something has been happening in this house that has rarely if ever happened in the 10 years we have been married. Just about daily Mark will practice. Now, don't get me wrong- Mark usually will pick up his guitar and fiddle around with it consistently. I am talking about sitting down with music and working out parts, figuring out what to play, sorting out chords, etc. At one point the callouses on his fingers were so thick that his iphone wouldn't even recognize that he was touching it. OUCH.

When he is on the road, I will call and ask what he is doing. Practicing he will say. Dude, relax and go to the movies like you normally do. All this to say, I am so very proud of him and the way he has really stepped up his game to a level that I don't even know if he thought he had. You're in the big leagues now boy. No behind the scenes might not be turned all the way up covering up mistakes for you!!!

I have had the pleasure of seeing about 4 shows with the boys. Each one has given at least 150%. People can say what they will but change can be good. Third Day has grown up and realized they have to all give their best. That being said, I am very impressed and it just makes me smile knowing that Mark is realizing just how amazing I have always thought he was. So, if you are reading this hunny, I LOVE YOU and am proud of you and it is truly an honor to be your wife.

5 comments:

marg said...

Awe, what a sweet post! No better way than to boose a mans self esteem than to boast on him in public! Nice job. Yes I agree, change can be a great thing, change moves us out of our comfort zones onto bigger and better things.

Emily........ said...

I am SO sure Mark is proud to have you as a wife too :D. You will have blessed him no end by saying what you have!
I take my hat off to you Stephanie for being such a supportive wife - it can't be easy at times.


Third Day are sounding fantastic - we've been listening on 'Wired' and are excited by what we hear!
Can't wait for to head over the pond to the UK next year.
My hubby (Mark ;)) is VERY impressed too! We always knew Mark could play his funky thang NOW we are CERTAIN of it!

Rose said...

You know what they say... "behind every great man, there is a great woman" You're right, he needs to relax! He is an amazing musician who is super talented! [He has nothing to worry about!] And really, like you said "Change is good." We are praying for all of you though - for peace and comfort in your hearts.

God bless yall!

Aaron said...

just got your comment on my blog and checked to see who you are. soon after we moved to athens you opened you store pink elephant(i think thats your store if not just assume i am an idiot). we really like your clothes. we actually go by there every-time we go to marietta. we might be in there tomorrow. Tea and Charlie Rocket are some of our favorite things for our boy.
i enjoy your husbands music and actually met him once at MPC just after 'wire' released. He was super nice.

Unknown said...

Hi! I found your blog from Hollie's and had to say hi. Mark and I were in middle school together and sat next to each other every day of 6th and 7th grade in PE. (I can still picture him in those 80's style shorts and tube socks with a bowl cut hairstyle--Good times!) It is so great to see how God is using him and the guys in the band and also how God has blessed him with a great family--this post in particular is awesome! Congrats on the new baby girl, too! :-)