Wednesday, July 30, 2008

WELCOME BABY!

It has been an eventful few days around the Lee household. We were supposed to have a baby on July 27. Well, the Lord had other plans. Our little bundle of joy decided to come on Friday, July 25 instead. After going to the Dr. on Friday morning she had us go to the hospital for some monitoring. My blood pressure was a little high so she wanted to watch me. Long story short, after about 2 hours she came over and told us we were going to have a baby that day!!!!

As Mark and I had made plans to run errands, go to a movie and finish baby stuff (install car seat, get crib ready, do laundry, etc) this news took us quite by surprise. We are very spur of the moment kind of folks and this even tripped us out. A little TOO spur if you ask me!!! I really wasn't expecting to have a baby that day. Oh, well. here we go.....

At 3:44 with the help of an AMAZING surgeon and even better drugs our bundle of joy was delivered via ziplock method (c-section) Have i ever mentioned how glad I am the Lord gave these Dr.'s the brains to figure out these kind of things. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my sections. Crazy huh- anyway...

I now present our darling
Katherine Marlow Lee
9 lbs. 7 oz.

she is named for some very special folks in our lives. My grandmother Katherine Turner was my hero, and a woman that loved the Lord with all of her person, she was strong, independent, loving and the most special person I have ever known. It makes me so happy to pass this namesake on to our little one. Marlow is Mark's mom's mothers maiden name- confused. Let's just say that Marlow is a grandmother name on his mom's side. What will we call her. Not sure. Maybe Kitty, Kat, Katy or Marlow. Who knows. Right now I just know that we have a very GOOD baby,

a very PROUD big sister and a family of 4!!! It is great.

As a side note Third Day released an album on the 29th, played on Jay Leno on the 29th and have "street week" stuff going on until Sunday. So please pray for Mark as he left on Monday night for about 8 days. I know he misses all of his girls! I know his "girls" miss him too.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Stephanie! You have a very beautiful family. I'm glad to see the blessings of God come to you guys. I like the "side note" some how, compared to this arrival the arrival of REVELATION seams very insignificant!

Valarie said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. Katherine Marlow is beautiful. So is her name. Blessings on your new family member!

marg said...

Delicious!!!! What a gorgeous bub and a beautiful big sister - I can see her proving a big help! :) How about Kat or Katie? - she'll end up with a dozen different nick names no doubt!
Congratulations from Aus.

Ashleigh said...

SO precious! I love the pic of Abbie holding her. :O) Congrats!! You are in my thoughts/prayers as I'm sure it's a little tough having Mark gone so soon after the delivery. Her name is beautiful as well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! So perfect.

And praising the One Who made her for bringing her safely into the world.

Jennifer said...

WooHoo!!! We love her already! So excited for you guys, and am thinking of you constantly! I can't wait to meet the new baby girl!!! I will be praying for you while your family is apart. YUCK, totally get it, and am praying for some sustaining power for you guys! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! She is beautiful....

Welcome to the world of parenting 2 little girls!!

Magnolia Designs said...

Congrats to the Lees for bringing the second gorgeous Lee baby into the world! Steph, so happy for you and I'm so glad that she's a good baby. Prayers and happy wishes for your whole family. If I were back home, I'd bring over a meal, but my 4 cheese chicken fettucine doesn't make it too well in the mail from Canada. Lots of love!!!

Janet Hunt said...

Hi Stephanie! Congratulations to you and the rest of your beautiful family. Both of your girls are such precious little dolls! Johnny and I pray God's best in your life as you continue to live for Him and serve Him. Please give Mark our regards and congrats!

Emily........ said...

Congratulations!!! We have been away so missed your great news!!! Katherine looks like a little sweetheart - but then she has great parents AND a great sister!!
Love and prayers.
The Paynes xx

A Good Kinda Crazy said...

Congratulations!!! She's beautuful!

Melanie said...

Congratulations, Katherine's gorgeous.

And wow! I haven't seen anything of Abbie in a long time, and I can't believe how grown up she is. They have this funny habit of growing up, and quickly.

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Stephanie! Your family is simply beautiful! May the Lord continue to bless you & keep you!!!

The Richter Family

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new family member! :) Katherine is adorable! Definitely praying for your family and that you get lots of time together!