Thursday, February 28, 2008

Meet Lovie


My little girl has a favorite stuffed animal that she has had since before she was born. His name is Lovie and we want you to meet him. Lovie was found one day while Mark and I were out shopping for her before she was born. One day as I was changing her diaper she reached for Lovie (who just sat on the changing table b/c he was so cute). That was the day that she and Lovie became the best of friends and totally inseperable. She loves that lion so much that even to this day 4 years later she has to have him at all times. Lovie goes with us everywhere. He loves to be in the stroller and he even gets to eat every now and then. He is a Lion but he doesn't like meat. He only likes macaroni and cheese, cereal and waffles.


Lovie periodically gets baths. We have to be very gentle with him so he goes in on delicate and is placed in a pillowcase for safe spinning! When I got Lovie I didn't know the beauty of buying two of the animals that your child loves. I didn't even know she would love him. Sadly, he has been discontinued and there is no chance of getting another one. Therefore, we protect him at all costs! He likes to escape every now and then, but we are always able to recover him- PRAISE THE LORD!

So, you have now met Lovie. He is a true member of our family and we love him dearly. I will admit sometimes when the youngster is at school mama will come home and "rest" a little, somehow Lovie ends up cuddling with me!!! Let me tell you- he is a good cuddler and I get why she loves him so. We will try to keep you posted on the adventures of Lovie the Lion!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a stuffed elephant that was given to my mother the day I was brought home from the hospital. I am 38 years old and still have that little guy. He sits in a place of honor beside our bed. Unfortunately, Fuzzy was not as well cared for as Lovie. He has some battle scars. He is awkwardly, but lovingly stitched in several places and I'm pretty sure that is silly puddy on his ear. But he's as soft and cuddly as ever.
Those are friendships that last a girl a lifetime. :)

Valarie said...

I saw your blog on your Facebook and decided to take a look.

Our kids, also, have their animals. Our son, who is 6, just had his taken away so that it would not suffer anymore damage. But I have recently found out that he replaced it w/ the dog that his sister "gave" him when she was born...hmmm.

I love your Pink Elephant shop. When we come back to the States to visit, I'll have to come by and check it out.

~ Valarie

Amy said...

Hi I found your blog from Heather Whittakers blog. That is the cutest thing ever! I have a little boy and he has a favorite toy already it's a lamaze dragon fly toy and I make it fly and make little buzzing sounds then have it swing down and kiss his face he smiles so big when I do this I wonder if this toy will have the same meaning when he's four as your child has with hers.