Tuesday, September 02, 2008

FAMILY TREE



It has now been 5 weeks since we became a family of 4. It is still weird to think about sometimes. Now instead of talking just about Abbie, I talk about "the girls". That statement has been said by both Mark and I and every time we say it, you see a little grin come to both our faces.

The big girl has been the most amazing big sister EVER. She is loving, gentle, patient and helpful. If the baby is crying we have watched Abbie go and tell her "it's ok big sister is here". SWEETNESS. Mark has noticed that if Katherine is big time crying Abbie will act as if she is Katherine and say things (in a high pitched sweet voice). "i'm hungry, bring me some food", as if she is speaking for her sister. PRECIOUS.

Katherine is a really good baby. Sometimes too good. I find myself forgetting she is in the room because she is asleep and so quiet. That is not a good thing, but I chalk it up to the lack of sleep. She eats well and generally sleeps well. I will be honest it is not the kind of sleep I am used to but the middle of the night TV programming has been quite good as of late.

All told we are fairing well as we transition this family unit. It takes longer to get out of the house. I don't get to sleep as much. I have WAY more laundry. I have to wash bottles. These are the things I have had to re-adjust to after 4 1/2 years. It is pretty much like riding a bike, it just comes back. To say it has been super easy would be a lie, to say we are managing quite well is the truth. What makes it all worth it is to see the joy in Abbie's face as we draw pictures, paint, etc and she has me do a "family portrait".

4 is an even number- it just works and we love it.

6 comments:

Silverose said...

Love the family portrait. God has blessed each you so much. Thanks fro sharing the stories of family times.

Emily........ said...

Precious times!! Enjoy.....'cos those tiny toes grow SO quickly!!
Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts =o)

Anonymous said...

Oh Stephanie, that's the most precious entry thus far... and they have been way way too precious! God bless yall!

Unknown said...

You guys are just so precious.
Elijah was 4 1/2, as well, when Caleb was born and you know, he did similar things as Abbie is now doing for Katherine.
It is amazing and so precious to watch.
I pray with all of my heart that Abbie and Katherine become the best of friends and that the special bond that is beginning now will last long into their adult years.
By the way...Caleb is now 2 1/2 and we still get that 'grin' when we say 'our boys'. Its a deep seeded joy that can never be removed. I pray that your joy in 'your girls' grows in abundance.
Much love from Down Under...

Kelly said...

That is precious! Kids are just the cutest! :)

Ashleigh said...

Too schweet! I love how Abbie "speaks" for Katherine. :O) That's awesome that Abbie has adjusted that well and glad that everything is going smoothly.