Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Abbie!



5 years ago today I had the most precious, beautiful little baby Abigail Madden Lee. Little did I know that day that my life would forever be changed and this small little child would quickly eat up my heart. From the beginning she has been such a shining light. She was a big baby and being new parents we didn't quite have the eating thing figured out but as soon as that was corrected she became an angel baby. She didn't sleep much because she was so inquisitive and wanted to take in EVERYTHING around her. She slept great at night and was happy during the day. I didn't know then that her little personality was already there. She is still a little angel (sometimes the devil pokes in for a visit but it's short lived!!)
She is very kind, loving, beautiful and HYSTERICAL. On her 5th Birthday I have decided to list the 5 things I LOVE and ADORE most about my little munchkin.

1) Her SMILE, it is infectious. She grins so big it just melts your heart.

2) Her imagination. She is always singing, making up songs, writing books, drawing and just playing pretend. I love that she is so creative and a free thinker. I don't think there is a box that can hold this one. She will ALWAYS be thinking outside of it!!

3) Her adoration of her father. He is her all, he hung the moon and stars to her. I love this because I feel that she will have such a passionate love for her heavenly Father. Being able to understand the love of her father will make it so much easier to freely love Christ.

4) Her laugh. Ohh, when I get a good belly laugh out of her it just gives me chills. Let me tell you. It is fun to make this critter laugh!

5) Her heart. She is such a precious angel. She is very conscious of others and the difference between right and wrong. She is honest and will tell on her self on a regular basis. (Seriously, how amazing).

I love this girl. She is my baby and my big girl. I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for her. It will be big I am confident. I really never understood the love for a child until 10/28/03. At 8:21 am that all changed. It rocked me so hard I realized I NEVER wanted to go back.

Sweet Abbie, I pray you always know how much your mama loves and adores you. My sweet buddy!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

How beautiful!
I am yearning for my two little guys right now, as a result.
Elijah is at school and Caleb with Gran and Poppy for a few hours.
Happy Birthday Abbie!
May the Lord bless you and keep you and turn His Face to shine upon you and give you Peace.

I relate so much with you here Steph. I didnt know what I was in for or what life really was about until I met my little guys. Each has shown me what true Love is and enriched my life far beyond anything I could dare to imagine. I feel that I never really lived or loved until I met my little Elijah and Caleb.
Thank you for reminding me just how special they are.

BTW...Abbie shares the birthday of our son's God Father. Too cool.

Unknown said...

Stephanie that is so sweet! You are very creative too! I pray God's blessing in both of your lives :)

Angela said...

That is so precious. I am preggo with my first and feeling a little anxious. What am I going to do with a mini-human being? But the joy you just showed helps me think that this is going to be all worth it and I will never want to go back to just the "just the two of us" mentality.

Emily........ said...

Oooooooooooooh Stephanie - you made me blub!!
Happy Birthday to Abbie - may she grow to be real woman of God.

Anonymous said...

That picture is adorable! H

Hollie said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Abbie! Such a cute picture!

TDfan said...

What an awesome description of a very special gift from God *wipes tear from eye* God Bless the entire Lee family.

Kelly said...

What a precious little girl you have! :) I don't have any kids of my own, but when I held my first nephew for the very first time, it rocked my world! So I know how a baby can change a life! :) And they grow up way too fast!

Hope Abbie had a wonderful birthday!

Blessings to her and the entire Lee family! :)

Jennifer said...

Oh my...precious!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Abbie Dabbie!!! We miss you, and hate that we had to miss your big birthday party! We love you guys!

Unknown said...

beautiful post and picture!!!

Hope to meet you at the blog party

Anonymous said...

The love that expressed in your words have left me in tears.

I can honestly tell you, as a mom whose daughter is now 20...you never loose that love/bond [even when you have gone through trails & tribulations]. When I look into my daughter's eyes, I still see my baby girl.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBY!!!