Thursday, December 04, 2008

Answer 1

I am beginning to answer all of your questions. Some of you have the same question so I will only respond once if I can remember that I have answered it that is.

SirMax said...
Which part of Hawaii? We went to Maui for 4 days and Oahu 4 days. It was wonderful
Have you ever been? I went once before when I laid over there when we were coming home from Australia

Okay what would I like to ask? Do you like to read? Yes, I like to read. It has become harder with the birth of my two girls. My problem is when I get hooked on a book, I can't put it down. I have been known to pick up a book and then 8 hours later be done with it. I am a fast reader and I do actually comprehend what I am reading (little note, it REALLY ticks my husband off b/c he is SLOW reader!!!)

If so, who? I am a little ashamed to answer. I really love alot of the British Lit. The Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella. I am totally addicted to the Janet Evanovich books (the Stephanie Plum series), I will read ANYTHING by John Grisham, I like Mary Kay Andrews (she writes about Southern folks). Most of these are not what you would call "good" books. They make me laugh but they don't have the best "morals" shall we say. I have made a resolution to start reading Christian Fiction. What goes in comes out right??? I used to read it "back in the day" but it was a bit cheesy and too Prairie Home Companion for me. Now I hear there are some great authors out there. Time to get back on it.

I like to get other's opinions about authors and then check them out for myself.

Oh...have a GREAT time!

11/22/2008 8:46 PM

Great question and hope I satisfied your curiosity!!!

6 comments:

SirMax said...

Sweet! Thanks for answering! I figured you would love to read because your husband sure does. I'll have to check out the ones you named.

Glad you had such a great time in Hawaii.

Anonymous said...

I love Sophia Kinsella too! My SIL and I have read all of her books. Did you see that there is a movie based on the first Shop-a-holic book. It comes out early next year. She had also written a few other books under another name(Madeleine Wickham). They were ok but definitely not as good as the shop-a-holic series.

Stephanie said...

lori, yes i have read the wickham books. they are kind of dark and not so funny. almost like two different writers. that is crazy. i also like the meg cabot 12 is not fat series. hilarious

gwsas4 said...

A few of my favorite Christian authors are Karen Kingbury ("Redemption Series" is AWESOME!) & Terri Blackstock (I've only read her "Restoration Series" but I could not put it down - same scenario - began reading, couldn't put it down, hours later I realized I had a family, laundry, etc waiting for me!). I'm not into cheesy Christian books either - or cheesy Christian music for that matter! :)

Michelle said...

Book suggestions: Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers; Twilight, Stephaine Meyer (I've only read the 1st and it's good and easy) and Christian fiction author Angela Hunt: some of my fav from her: The Awakening, The Note, The Debt, The Elevator (currently reading)

Thanks for answering questions, can't wait to hear more.

Dawn Carter said...

I recently discover Charles Martin, a great author of non-cheesy Christian books. (The Dead Don't Dance was a favorite.) I also recommend Terri Blackstock's restoration series...they are full of drama and suspense and makes you think too! Jodi Picoult is wonderful, not an author of "Christian books," but she gives you real insight into the different characters points of view.