Friday, December 19, 2008

Are you IN???

Our friends Carlos and Heather have a dear friend who has endured a very tragic life threatening accident. Some of you may have read about it elsewhere. Tomorrow the family is requesting a day of fasting in honor of the couples 10th wedding anniversary. Can you do it??? Are you willing to give up that "thing" that keeps you from the throne of our Savior. I know it is hard and I am not asking you to do this without giving up myself. I will be taking a fasting break from all things computer related. No blogging, no reading blogs, no personal emails, no twitter, facebook. None of it. I am really excited about it. I think I have needed to "unplug", if you will, for some time.



Read below what Carlos wrote
Hey guys.
This Friday is a special day.
It is Mark and Angie’s 10 year wedding anniversary!!!
So what a perfect time to give them a gift with eternal significance.
For everyone involved.
We are asking everybody to fast for God to work in this situation with Mark.
Healing. Comfort. Strength. Peace.
All those things and more.
What is fasting?
In the simplest form, it is giving up of something you desire to focus on God and His way.
So for you that may be food, drink, television, internet, phone calls, ect.
You choose.
Here are some good scriptures on fasting… Matthew 6:16-18, Matthew 9:14-15, Luke 18: 9-14.

So THIS FRIDAY, from 10 am until 10 pm, on Mark and Angie’s 10 Year Anniversary, we will focus all our attention of God and His work in this situation.


Let me know if you will join me. I won't be able to read your comments tomorrow but you know what, it can wait!!! Life is too short. Join me!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's only 12 hours! Count me in! I'll be fasting from all music (Chrstian and not). This is going to be amost impossible for me, so I'm curious as to how it'll work out.

Kelly said...

I'm in! Thinking I'm gonna go with no computer. Should be interesting, but I can do it! :)

Tracy: said...

Fasting for this family tomorrow!

Pokinatcha said...

Count me in! I'm taking the same route as you and it's going to be hard! I'm so addicted to my iphone, twitter and all that stuff! I've only fasted from food.

Anonymous said...

Just read about this, but count me in! This will probably be harder than giving up food, but a fast should be something that is a sacrifice. Thanks for letting us know!

Katherine said...

I gave up television for the day, and am really glad I did! :)

Thanks for the inspiration, and I pray for the family and wish them a happy anniversary and happy recovery!

Blessings~

Casey Angulo said...

Thanks for posting about Mark. I write the prayforthelamberth blog and I know his family appreicates all of the prayers (and so do I). :)