Thursday, December 04, 2008

BABY MAMA

I know I owe you some answers to questions but this just happened and I HAD to blog. I just posted this at my friends blog. Please Pray!!!

SHE'S HAVING A BABY!!!
Hello friends, my name is Stephanie and I am taking over the Cowen blog for a few days. You see, today December 3 at around 10 PM, Brooke and BJ got "the call". How appropriate and what a sense of humor our Lord has. Brooke lays it out there in her last post and BAM!!! Most of you will not see this until after Levi is born. He is due to become a Cowen around 1 AM on 12/4. BJ had predicted 12/3 so not a bad guess.


Brooke and BJ are driving down to Tampa as I type. Brooke asked me to keep everyone up to date. So here goes.

10 PM- Brooke calls saying Ashley's water broke and she is standing in the closest and doesn't know what to do.
10:01 PM- I jump online to book flights for them and realize that the last flight out leaves at 10:30 PM.
10:15 PM- Brooke calls back and we run down what she needs to take with her. (See she was having a shower her at my house on Sunday and would hopefully "get" what she needed. )
10:20 PM- I begin frantically searching for car seat, pack n play, moses basket, diapers, bottles, wipes, mylicon, passies, alchohol swabs (for umbilical cord), powder, diaper cream, blankets, clothes..... (thankfully I have a 4 month old and she has just gotten out of all the "newborn" things so we are good to go!!!!)
10:37 PM- BJ arrives and gets a crash course on baby equipment. Hugs, I LOVE YOU'S and off he goes
10:50 PM- I call Brooke and run over all the stuff b/c I think BJ will not remember, then realize, neither will Brooke... oh well....
12:31 AM- I am sitting here blogging and praying with all my heart that in a few days I will get to kiss Levi on the head, tell him I love him and that he can't ever look at another woman b/c my Kitty is his girl!!!!

Please when you read this drop to your knees and pray for this family. The NEEDS ARE HUGE. I know many have done all they can but if you have even $20.00 to spare hit the donate now button and let's not make finances be the reason that Levi can't come home. I KNOW the Lord will provide, but I also know there is a true need.

Also, pray specifically for Ashley's heart. Let it love Levi so much that she knows with everything in her that this baby was destined to become a Cowen. He is so loved and will be so well cared for. Sadly, she is not at the point in life that she can do this.

The next 48 hours will be bittersweet. They will be joyous, stressful and chaotic. Let's give the Cowen's our love via emails, comments and facebook messages. I will do my BEST to keep this blog updated for those in the virtual world.

Know you are loved and appreciated for your support during this time. The roller coaster is not over, but man we have climbed the last hill and we are about to come flying down. Stomach's queasy and then it will be over. What a ride it has been!!!!

FROG

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So awesome! Yet so nerve-wraching, I'm sure for all of you! I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I saw Brooke's post before this one and am thanking the Lord for a safe delivery.

I couldn't leave a comment on her blog - so I'll leave it here.

I'm praying in these next days for them and for Ashley. God is in control - but I am asking for extra strength and peace in Ashley's heart.

Keep the updates coming! That was a FAST delivery! Did she make it to the hospital??

Unknown said...

im reading this late but how amazing!!!!