Saturday, January 03, 2009

On Top of Ole' Smoky



The Smoky Mountains that is. Where have you been Mrs. Lee??? Well, we have been in a cabin in the mountains for a week, with NO INTERNET I might add. Mark had a week of shows in Gatlinburg with a youth conference called Xtreme. As part of the week we stayed in a great cabin there. We normally go to Gburg with our buddies the Cowen's over New Year's. Due to a little dude being born, they were unable to attend this year. We decided to take our friends the Whittaker's. Now the folks from SoCal were introduced to the world of Redneck in a real way. Nothing like a little Gatlinburg New Year's Celebration to show that!!!! Fireworks, Space Needle and the works. YEE HAW.

While we were there we took part in a hike up to the Chimney Tops, and what I would refer to as a mountain climb. When I have to grab hold of a rock, plant my foot and scale the side of a mountain- that is climbing to me!!! I am NOT the hiker. Mark, Carlos and especially Heather are. They have decided I am taking baby steps to get there. We shall see. It was very fun but COLD!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!