Friday, January 09, 2009

WE MADE IT

After 14 hours we finally made it to the 49th state in our great union!!! I even got to see an "igloo".

Ok, it's really just a chapel made out of ice out front of our hotel, but hey.... one can pretend. Now I need to see a moose and a polar bear (I technically saw a stuffed one in the airport but...) it is 7 AM my time and 3 AM Alaska time. I am going to bed and goodnight.

Oh yeah, did I mention that it is crazy cold. When the locals talk about how cold it is you know it's bad!!!!




2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Glad y'all made it safely! Very fun thing to see upon arrival....hope you get to see the moose and polar bears too! Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

My nephew'll take you on a bear hunt.. or moose, or elk.. or fishing. If you need something stuffedwhile you're there, he's also a taxidermist. You're going to have to go a lot farther to see Polar bears. Have fun! Hope you remembered the chapstick!