Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmastime Is Here....

Today (well really yesterday, but I can't tell you why b/c I TOTALLY made fun of a friend for the same thing and I don't want her to make fun of me so we will leave it at today) began the Christmas season for the Lee family. I know, I know what happened to Thanksgiving. Well, sometimes you have to just follow the crowd!!!

So today a good friend of ours (who's Birthday it is HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!) got us into this really great event. It was the opening of a great little place in Underground Atlantacalled the Gingerbread Party.

This is the greatest idea EVER. You go and it is a place to make a gingerbread house. You don't really have to do anything but have fun making the house. They do the rest for you. All the prep work that makes you pretty ill by the time you build the house.... done, cleaning up after making the house....done.

You just let your creative juices flow and make a beautiful house and even more important make a memory (a positive non pull your hair out, yell at the top of your lungs, then try to make it better because you feel guilty for ruining it) memory!!!

The only negative is I had to deal with THESE which I have a majorly strong aversion to. They creep me out big time!!!! (that is for another day though)

So go, check it out. We had a blast and made a pretty kickin' house. I know you will too.

So go, check it out. We had a blast. I know you will too.

6 comments:

Emily........ said...

What a fab idea!! Joel (aged 6) said 'Can we do one of those Mummy'. Sadly it's several thousand miles for us to travel!!! Maybe we'll have to do one at home!
was it relatively easy??

Unknown said...

What a WONDERFUL idea! I have always wanted to make a Gingerbread House. But, yeah, like you said, it can be an exhausting and slightly traumatic experience.

Pity there isnt anything like that set up here.

So what exactly is it that you have the aversion to???

God bless you, your girls and hubby.

pam said...

I have no idea how I found you.... :) Just think you could still be doing this in 15 years. Our girls are 19 and 23 and they still love to make a Gingerbread House. There are even kits in boxes now at Wal-Mart---comes with the basic stuff. I saw them yesterday and realized that I probably needed to buy a couple of them. This was a fun day to peek into your world.

Anonymous said...

Freak.

(I forgive you for making fun of me. Heck - I WANS MAKING FUN of the Freak I'm married to for putting up the lights and the tree on November 8th.)

Unknown said...

i have never heard of it and i live in atlanta.. Hopefully when our sweet girl comes home from china we can do things like this..

how fun!!!!! until then, its time to shop for cute fun girl things...

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad :) We refer the time period between Halloween and Thanksgiving as the Pre-Christmas season, and then Thanksgiving starts the serious Christmas season...Our theory is that Christmas is way too good to stuff all into one month!