Monday, November 03, 2008

Third Day on the 3rd Day- "Otherside"

I really didn't know what to do for this month's Third Day/Third Day post. So I decided to talk about the "Otherside" of Third Day. The wives. These ladies inspire, relate and encourage me everyday. I have known them all for various amount of times but I count them all as close friends. This month I will spotlight them:

Shannon- (Tai's Wife), what can I say about Shannon. First of all she is superwoman. She has 5 kids!!! 3 in school every day and 2 at home. Yet she still finds time for her! This is amazing. The other day I sent her an email to let her know just how much she inspires me. I feel overwhelmed and overworked most of the time that Mark is away. When the going gets tough I just think of Shannon and her hard work and love for her family encourages me to press on. Shannon is always smiling. She is a joy to be around and is always so very kind. Her love of her life, family and friends makes her a loyal and faithful friend. She is strong and so very sensitive at the same time. Whenever I think of Shannon I smile and I am so honored to call her my friend.

Jennifer- (David's Wife), I seriously just laughed. I laughed because Jennifer makes me laugh. She is so witty and funny. Most of the time I give her husband the credit for making me laugh, but she just slips things in that I will think of YEARS later and laugh out loud. I have had some many fun times with Jennifer. Late night dance parties on the bus, awakenings ball, swooning over the soap stars we love at various awards shows and just hanging out. She is such a beautiful soul inside and out. She is strong in spirit and love. To me she is a rock. If I ever needed something I know I could call on her and she would help in a pinch. I am ever amazed at the many ways she can wear her hair (and it be PERFECT every time!!!). She is a wonderful mother to her 2 boys and you can just tell the love and devotion she has to her 3 boys. Jennifer is a remarkable woman, someone to admire.

Aimee- (Mac's Wife), Oh my Aimee. I have known Aimee since about 3rd grade. I knew her before I knew the band. She is probably the strongest woman I have ever met. She is the BEST mother on this planet. She loves the Lord passionately and her family without question. Dating back to middle school you could see her love of kids. We are so similar but SO OPPOSITE in the same. She is black & white, she wants an answer and she enjoys a schedule. I admire this so much because her family flows seamlessly where I feel I flounder about without much schedule. I love the way she encourages and inspires her entire family. She is such a devoted wife and loves her man unconditionally. The respect she gives him will warm the coldest of hearts. Without her, there are days that I might not make it. I need her reassurance and friendship. Many nights we will talk like teenagers into the wee hours, then our men come home and we don't talk for a week. That is the friendship we have. Open, honest and real without stipulation. I would have to count her as one of my best friends and I am so thankful that some hundred years ago the Lord brought her into my life!

About 13 years ago the Lord put this gang of ladies together and we didn't know how it would work. I now feel like it wouldn't have worked for this long without the love, commitment, and devotion of each one of these women. I am honored to be in their presence and a part of their lives. Though we don't get to be together as much as I personally would like, I know that they are there for me. I love them all and am so blessed to have each of them as a friend.

5 comments:

TDfan said...

Thanks for that little glimpse into the 3D wives as you see them. I don't think that 3D would be able to do the things that they do without the support of their families. Thanks to all of you!

SirMax said...

What a sweet blog! I have had the blessing of meeting 3 of you (you, Aimee and Jennifer). I have always admired you ladies. I know life without your husbands can be tough (my husband is military and law enforcement so there have been lots of times alone during our marriage).

You have been in my prayers for years and will continue to be. You ladies are blessed to have the husbands you do. They are some special guys! God bless!

Unknown said...

This is one of the most beautiful blogs, ever. Period.
I often wonder about the wives of Third Day...because y'all are your own selves too! You are not simply an addition to these men, you are whole significant people too. I know that the men of 3D wouldn't be able to step forth in Obedience if it weren't for each and every one of you supporting them in love and prayer.
Do know that I keep you all in prayer...you, the guys and each of your children..all by name. For each of you are special and a part of this wonderful thing that Jesus is doing to extend His Kingdom.
Much love,
Joan

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
This is one of the most beautiful posts I've ever read regarding Third Day. I've often thought about all the wives of Third Day and all the stuff they must go through while their men are away. It's so cool to hear that you guys are close and can rely on each other so much. You guys are all strong in your own way and good examples to the rest of us of how we should strive to be good Christian wives. I try to remember to pray for your families when 3D is on tour; I'm sure the challenges are many. Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

Anonymous said...

You all are such an inspiration! You all are such amazing wives, Moms and parents.
God is just so awesome placing the people through out our lives!
You are truly blessed!