Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SHAMELESS PROMOTION

What do you get when you put some cool surfer dudes

and a group of charming southern gentlemen together?


MUSIC BUILDS TOUR


Tomorrow officially begins the much anticipated Music Builds Tour in Detroit, MI. This is a show that should not be missed. Both bands, Third Day and Switchfoot have been really working hard to make this THE show of the season. I for one don't normally like when the man goes on tour, but they all have been so excited about this tour that I just can't help but hope they have a ton of fun and some really great shows. You can make that happen. If they are coming anywhere near you go out and take a gander. Not only is it 3D and SF, but you also get the great music of Jars of Clay and Robert Randolph and the Family Band. Let me know if you will be at any of the shows. I plan on going, but not till later in the tour, so ye who get to go to some of the first ones- I'M JEALOUS!!!

Hey, I have an idea, make a sign for Mark that you read my blog (don't you think he would get a kick out of that !!!) Who knows, maybe if you post a photo of you at the show with your sign, I just might be able to get you an autographed goodie!!! If you can get the rare photo of you, the sign & Mark you might get a bonus prize!! I'm just sayin', I might know some folks that can help me out with that. Post in the comments and I will keep checking back. Pass on the word

Go, get out the bling and get to craftin' up those signs. Go, quit reading and get busy.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding. Had those tickets ordered the minute they went on sale.

Going to six of the shows, it was 7 but realized I could bless someone else with those tickets.

Irvine will have 13 newbies of 16 of us going in my group:) so go ahead and be shameless:)

Sunnie

cheri said...

I'm going tomorrow night in Indianapolis!

I try to craft a sign. I'll be getting to the venue around 3. I'm the concert photographer for the artist who is playing First Stage before the main show starts.

I hope Verizon is allowing cameras for the main concert so I can get some pictures! When Luke played that stage for Springsteen last year I wasn't allowed to take my camera out of the bag during the main show.

I blogged about an email I sent to the local Fox station this morning expressing my disappointment in the concert not being mentioned in their upcoming events segment.

Hollie said...

That's great!! I didn't realize they were doing a tour together:)

Ashleigh said...

This tour is going to rock!! If you are in Raleigh on September 19, I'll see ya there! :O) I know that it's hard for you and the children when the man is out on tour as well as the other spouses. My prayers are with you and thank you!

Anonymous said...

I have a question. How do we contact you to send the pic? I don't see your email listed on the page anyway? My email is jhgjim1234@yahoo.com. Let me know. I intend to get that pic at tonights show.

Lisa said...

I'll be going, but not 'til they come back to the Atlanta area and play @ Lakewood. Sept. 20...can't wait!

cheri said...

3D rocked tonight. I'll post more pictures on my blog later but for tonight I posted one that shows what the evening was all about.

Now it's time for bed.

TRACE.FACE PHOTOS said...

i didnt see this post till after i went to indy... byt im gonna go to cleveland so i will get a good pic for ya :)

here are the indy pix. does a fishy face count?
http://tracefacephotos.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Here is the link to the pic with a quickly made sign

http://flickr.com/photos/29855108@N05/2796645060/

and pics of show

http://flickr.com/photos/29855108@N05/

SirMax said...

Front row girl!!! Going to 5 shows! The first one will be in Raleigh next month. I think I just might be able to get that picture with the sign, Mark and such...look for my pictures!

~Wendy~

Stephanie said...

ok, so yeah, i totally forgot to tell you how to contact me. email photos here.
thirddaywife@me.com
i will take entries until the end of the tour. i will repost this and have winner each week!!!
good luck

Emily........ said...

If only this tour was coming to the UK *sigh*.
We'll just have to wait until next year =oD

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding your email. My pic is on the way.

Barbara said...

Goin' tonight to the VABeach show!... getting ready to make a sign....