Tuesday, August 26, 2008

WE LOVE TENNIS


Isn't she cute!!

Look at that form!!

I have a love, no obsession, for tennis. I have been playing since I was in middle school. I played youth ALTA, I played in High School and I have played ladies ALTA/USTA for as long as I can remember. My parents played tennis when I was little. I remember many nights on the tennis courts playing with my brother while my parents played until the wee hours. I never really thought that my little girl would have a desire for the sport. She has always been more into dance, ballet and music. She is more like her daddy- she likes the fine arts. Well, recently they began offering lessons in our neighborhood. I was talking to a friend about it and she told me she wanted to take lessons. I WAS THRILLED. I will never push my desires on my child, but I will encourage it if they show interest. So, now, on Thursdays we go to "tennis camp". She has her cute pink racquet and she is ready to go. The coach is very good. It would be hard to keep the focus of 4 year olds, but he is great. I want to get out there with her it looks so fun. Looks as if we have another little tennis player in the family- and I for one could not be HAPPIER!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's simply adorable in her Tennis uniform! =)

Ashleigh said...

She looks so cute! That's awesome that she is learning the game this young.

The Elam's said...

I can't believe how grown up she is! It all goes so fast! I remember holding her when she was Katherine's size!! Wow! Hope all is well!

Lisa said...

She is so cute! Love how they have pink racquets for girls these days. My first one was a generic black. Good luck with your ALTA season. Like you, I grew up playing, but kind of quit during college. Been in Atlanta for 7 years and just this summer picked it back up. My first ever ALTA match is Sunday :)